Made of Win
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a gathering place of people who are, by their very nature, made of win.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Love of Jasper Contest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ahizelm

ahizelm

For the Love of Jasper Contest Empty
PostSubject: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 pm

How is there not a thread for this?

I must get out of interwebz fail.

Jen is a guest judge for this! And it sounds fun!

Oh, Meeeeeeellllllllls....

Quote :
Wanted:Jasper, Jasper, and more Jasper, in the form of high-quality Jasper-centric one-shots.

Have you always wanted to write about Jasper but never had an opportunity? Has he been patiently waiting in the wings of another story for his chance to speak up? Have you ever thought about Jasper and just wondered, “What if?”

We’ll take him any way we can get him. With Alice, Bella, Edward, Leah, Charl... wait, maybe not Charlie. He doesn’t have to be the narrator of the story, but he must be a central figure.

So, here’s your chance... Give us some good Jasper.

Rules and Guidelines

Submissions will be accepted from August 24 12:00 AM EDT to September 27 11:59 PM EDT.
Entries may be Canon, AU, AH and of any genre (e.g., angst, humor, family, suspense).
Entries must be rated T or M or the appropriate equivalent for the entry’s website (e.g. MA, PG-13, R).
Any and all pairings accepted.
Entries may be from any character’s point of view but each entry must feature Jasper centrally.
Collaborations are acceptable.

Limit of two entries per author or collaboration group.

Entries will be accepted from fanfiction.net (FFn), LiveJournal (LJ), and Twilighted (T’ed). Please note that we will not be able to add entries submitted via sites other than FFn to the FFn "For the Love of Jasper Contest" Community (C2). The Open Voting poll will include links to all entries – FFn or otherwise.

Entries must be between 2,500 and 8,500 words. The official word count will be assessed during the validation process via copy/paste of the entry (excluding header and AN) into Word 2007.

Entries may use characters from an existing fic, but the entry must be new material, written for the contest, and must be able to stand on its own as a one-shot.

One-shots may not be expanded until the contest is over. (If you do choose to expand afterward, let us know!)

Quote :
Submitting an Entry

Please PM the “For the Love of Jasper” profile (FFn) or email (fortheloveofjasper@gmail.com) the entry link to make your official submission.

Entries will be validated for quality grammar/punctuation and rules compliance when the entry is submitted. After an entry has been validated, if submitted via FFn, it will be added to the "For the Love of Jasper Contest" C2. Authors will be PMed or emailed when their entries have been validated. If an entry is disqualified, the author will be PMed and may modify and resubmit the entry by the submission deadline, if she so chooses.

We encourage any author with need for a beta to check out Project Team Beta.

Voting

After the submission deadline has passed, there will be an open/public voting round featuring all validated entries.

Open Voting will run from October 5 12:00 AM EDT to October 18 11:59 PM EDT.

In addition to Open Voting, there will be a Judges’ Selection round. The judges will assess all submitted entries, and will do so anonymously – all header information (author, title, etc) will be removed from an entry before the judges read it.

All winners will be announced October 21.
Quote :

Prizes

The top two places of the Open Voting round and the top two Judges’ Selection round choices will receive prizes.

Open Voting – 1st place: Custom banner created by AngstGoddess003, guest spot on TLYDF blog, winning entry recommended on The Fictionators blog, an “I won 1st place” banner

Open Voting – 2nd place: Winning entry recommended on The Fictionators blog, a "Jasper" bumper sticker or keychain, an “I won 2nd place” banner

Judges’ Selection – 1st place: Custom banner created by AngstGoddess003, guest spot on TLYDF blog, winning entry recommended on The Fictionators blog, an “I won 1st place, Judges’ Round” banner

Judges’ Selection – 2nd place: Winning entry recommended on The Fictionators blog, a "Jasper" bumper sticker or keychain, an “I won 2nd place, Judges’ Round” banner

See the FFn page here.

I have a little something brewing for this. Howz about it, ladies?
Back to top Go down
http://il-mio-cantante.livejournal.com/
Lights!Camera!Jaxion!

Lights!Camera!Jaxion!

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:49 pm

i dont think we have a smiley that just drops dead but....thats what this makes me do.

i've already got something in the works but shhh....can't tell jensper bc she's a validator. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lilmisswhitlock.livejournal.com
circe

circe

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Doh! I totally meant to post this one! I'm fail. Yeah, I'm a guest judge, so I can't know anything that's going on...so if you happen to post anything about your story, put it under a spoiler tag, please? Smile I would love to see a lot of you ladies enter though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorceresscirce
ahizelm

ahizelm

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am

uuuuuuuuuuum.... squee.

"Simple Kind of Man", the collaborative entry that ilsuocantante & I entered, has made it through to the final round of voting!

*dances*

You can vote for your top 2 picks here: FtLoJ
Back to top Go down
kcullen10

kcullen10

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:09 pm

ahelm wrote:
uuuuuuuuuuum.... squee.

"Simple Kind of Man", the collaborative entry that ilsuocantante & I entered, has made it through to the final round of voting!

*dances*

You can vote for your top 2 picks here: FtLoJ
YAY, congrats bb! beating heart totally voted again.
Back to top Go down
http://kcullen10.livejournal.com
ahizelm

ahizelm

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks, Kimber! Wheee! Tonya & I are both so shocked to have made it to the end!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of Jasper Contest   For the Love of Jasper Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Love of Jasper Contest
Page 1 of 1